Saturday, August 15, 2009

None for me, thanks

"Chicken formula," "Salmon formula," "Beef formula," "Kitten formula." What?! Does this can of Wellness cat food really contain "Kitten"? Oh my god. It's hard to believe that a major pet food company (Mother Hubbard) let this huge goof slip by and the cans described above turn up on supermarket shelves.

It's a classic example of non-parallel construction, as I tried to explain by phone to a customer service rep. I think she got it. At least she promised to tell others there, in the marketing dept. I can only hope she explained it clearly. The proof will be in future cans of Wellness cat food. Wish I could bet with someone on whether a correction will be made.

And, no, Harry and Billy don't eat canned food. I was just "shelf-shopping."
#
....................................

***** a message to those visiting this blog: *****

Hi, folks. I've managed to lose a few of your comments lately, for which I'm sorry. In the process of trying to master the ins and outs of blogging, I've goofed a few times, as some of you already know. Please accept my apology, then keep reading and commenting. Thank you!
#
.....................................

No comments: